- Flow rate range of 400 – 2000 lb/min (181 – 907 kg/min)*
- Flow control for wheels up to 50 Hp (37 kw)
- Normally closed
- No moving parts for low-maintenance operation
- Provides controllable shot flow rates
- Regulates flow of steel shot and grit
- Easy retrofit installation
- Diagnostic LEDs for 24 Vdc Power, Enable Command, Flow Input Signal and Shot Flow
- CE compliant
* Flow rates are based on S230 shot
The LP-24 MagnaValve® is a normally closed magnetic valve that regulates the flow of steel shot and grit in wheel blast machines. The LP-24 has no moving parts so there are no parts to wear or break and it is completely sealed to prevent media dust from entering the valve. The LP-24 has rare earth permanent magnets for normally closed operation and an electromagnet for controlling shot flow rates. With power applied, the magnetic field is neutralized and shot is allowed to flow through the valve. When no power is applied to the MagnaValve, the permanent magnets stop all flow. If the power is interrupted for any reason, the permanent magnets securely hold the shot, thereby virtually eliminating shot leakage.
For an “automatic” closed-loop operation, an Electronics Inc. AC-24 Controller will detect the current load on the wheel motor and regulate the flow of media to the LP-24. This closed-loop system will provide accurate and repeatable flow rates over a 400 – 2000 lb/min (181 – 907 kg/min) range. The EI POT-24 Controller (sold separately) provides “manual” open loop control.
A clear and comprehensive installation manual simplifies installation of the LP-24 MagnaValve. The valve is factory tested and results are supplied upon request. In addition, the products are supported by the EI application engineering staff.