Steel Shot Media Valves for Wheel Blast Machines
- LM1000-24: Flow rate of 1000 lb/min (453 kg/min)*
- LM2000-24: Flow rate of 2000 lb/min (907 kg/min)*
- Flow control for wheels up to 50 Hp (37 kw)
- Built-in cooling air aspiration inlet**
- One-size footprint for easy changeability
- Polycarbonate casing for lighter weight
- Replaceable wear plate**
- No moving parts for maintenance-free operation
- Regulates flow of steel shot and grit
- Easy retrofit installation for the VLP-24 MagnaValve
* Flow rates based on S230 shot
** Patents Pending
The LM1000-24 and LM2000-24 MagnaValve® regulate the flow of ferrous media in shot peening and abrasive blast cleaning machines where the wheel motor amperage is used as the controlling parameter. These LM Series MagnaValves have no moving parts, making them low-maintenance valves. The MagnaValves have rare earth permanent magnets for normally closed operation and an electromagnet for controlling shot flow rates. With power applied, the magnetic field is neutralized and shot is allowed to flow through the valve. When no power is applied to the MagnaValve, the permanent magnets stop all flow. If the power is interrupted for any reason, the permanent magnets securely hold the shot, thereby virtually eliminating shot leakage. (Contact EI for cut-wire media recommendations.)
An Electronics Inc. AC-24 Controller (sold separately) will detect the current load on the wheel motor and regulate the flow of media to the LM Series MagnaValves for an “automatic” closed-loop operation. This closed-loop system will provide accurate and repeatable flow rates. The EI POT-24 Controller (sold separately) provides “manual” open-loop control. AC-24 and Pot-24 data sheets are available for download at www.electronics-inc.com.
A clear and comprehensive installation manual simplifies installation of the LM Series MagnaValves. The valves are factory tested and results are supplied upon request. In addition, the products are supported by the EI application engineering staff.