- 30 – 300 lb/min (13.6 – 136 kg/min) flow rate range*
- ±5% full-scale accuracy
- Flow control for wheels up to 15 hp (11 kw)
- Normally closed
- No moving parts for low-maintenance operation
- Includes 6 ft. (1.83 m) plug and cable
- 24 Vdc
- CE compliant
* Flow rate based on S230 cast steel shot
The 590-24 MagnaValve® is a normally closed magnetic valve that regulates the flow of steel shot and grit in wheel blast machines. The MagnaValve’s construction includes a strong and stable rare earth permanent magnet for normally closed operation and an electromagnet for controlling shot flow rates. With power applied to the MagnaValve, the magnetic field is neutralized and shot is allowed to flow through the valve. When no power is applied to the MagnaValve, the permanent magnet stops all flow. If the power is interrupted for any reason, the permanent magnet in the valve securely holds the shot.
When coupled with the EI FC-24 Controller (sold separately), the 590-24 provides accurate and repeatable flow rates in a closed loop system, meeting the requirements of AMS 2430, AMS 2432 and other aerospace standards.