The Model 700-24 for Air Blast Machines
The new 700-24 has much in common with the rest of the MagnaValve family:
2) The 700-24 makes a closed-loop system when used with a standard EI controller and together they provide accurate and repeatable flow rates in shot peening and blast cleaning operations;
3) It uses the same controller as other MagnaValves so its control panel is familiar to machine operators and
4) Like every MagnaValve, the 700-24 provides such a high level of control that it reduces energy and media consumption.
The big difference, of course, is in the media. The new valve will flow ceramic media and glass bead on suction- and pressure-type air-blast machines.
- Flows Ceramic Media and Glass Bead
- ±5% Full-Scale Accuracy
- Normally Closed
- Meets SAE AMS 2430 and 2432 Specifications
- 24 Vdc Operation
- CE Compliant
- Closed-Loop System Control
- Patented Sensor: US Patent 8,388,407 Patent Pending for Magnetic Engine
“The Model 700-24 has been the most requested product we’ve ever launched. One customer said they have a backlog of ceramic bead customers that want the valve. Another will use it to “blend” their mixes of glass bead. If you are peening to AMS 2432 or AMS S-13165 and using glass bead or ceramic bead, there is a requirement to measure/record flow rate. Now it’s possible with the Model 700 MagnaValve.” — Jack Champaigne, President of Electronics Inc.
How It Works
The Model 700-24 incorporates an electromagnetically controlled plunger for media flow control. The plunger rests in an orifice. With power applied, an electromagnet raises the plunger to allow media to flow through the valve. The media falls past the plunger and drops onto a blade, bending it according to the media’s flow rate and thereby producing an accurate flow rate signal. When no power is applied to the MagnaValve, the plunger returns to its rest position and stops all media flow. If the power is interrupted for any reason, the plunger returns to the rest position and securely holds the media.
Each Valve Is Custom Calibrated
The Model 700-24 is factory calibrated to the customer’s media. EI maintains a large inventory of many types and sizes of non-ferrous media. In the event that the customer wants a new media flow rate or wants to use a different type or size of media, field calibrations are simple and step-by-step directions are in the valve’s instruction manual.
The 700-24 MagnaValve has been lab and field tested and is ready to ship. For more information or to order, call EI’s Customer Service staff at (574)256-5001 or 1-800-832-5653 (U.S. and Canada).