Electronics Inc.’s Shot Peening Training program is a Partner in Education with Nadcap. As such, we’re pleased to recognize Nadcap’s 25th anniversary—the program was launched in July, 1990. According to a Nadcap press release,” Nadcap has steadily grown to become the premier cooperative industry program for improving aerospace manufacturing processes around the world.”
To commemorate the 25th anniversary, the Performance Review Institute (the administrators of Nadcap) share five ways the aerospace industry has benefited from the program.
1. Aerospace OEMs and Suppliers collaborate to develop consensus process control criteria and requirements through Nadcap. The number of subscribing OEMs reached 53 in 2015 and active accreditations now exceed 6900 from suppliers in 50 countries, including companies in Africa, Australia, Asia, Europe, North America, and South America.
2. Nadcap offers tangible and intangible benefits to OEM subscribers and accredited suppliers. In a recent supplier survey, 86% of over 2,800 respondents credit Nadcap with improving the quality in the aerospace industry. Additional benefits were improved customer satisfaction, improved process efficiency, improved first-time yield, reduced escapes to customers, reduced defect rate, and increased revenue. eAuditNet, a global comprehensive database of all supplier audit performance information, has also been beneficial to OEM subscribers. These OEM subscribers efficiently and effectively manage their supply chain with in-depth process capability assessments, conducted by subject matter experts selected by industry, that are available through eAuditNet.
3. The Nadcap program combines multiple subscribers’ requirements into a single audit. Nadcap has reduced redundancy by encouraging the industry to work together to create harmonized coordinated audit criteria based on industry and OEM subscriber requirements. Audit criteria has been developed for 19 technologies such as Composites, Heat Treating, Non-Destructive Testing, and Surface Enhancement.
4. Nadcap audits improve consistency: According to a survey conducted in 2015 by the Nadcap Management Council (NMC), 93% of Nadcap subscribers reported that Nadcap audits improve consistency across the supply chain and industry.
5. In the 2015 NMC survey, 92% of subscribers stated that Nadcap augments their company resources in terms of managing special process suppliers. Feedback included these comments: “The data from Nadcap oversight is useful when determining how often to engage with accredited suppliers” and “Allows us to minimize the number of on-site visits.”